Re: Vinga chiseler?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_PGRFVDecqxEYyyf1SRfeWQlwRpq-5hNfQcIJgyyPZbnjzBwf35234NZuboHXV>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:54:53 -0000

Hey Jeff/ Chris

Conjurs up a great image. I like it. Like the sugestion for the Vinga ritual, 'Enchant Skin Tight Leather'.

> Fine. The game rules allow that. But don't be surprised if the
> underlying mythology doesn't match up with the game construct.

Thats cool. I'm not down with this 'GaG' stuff. Chris said the stuff that struck a chord with me. But then, I like his taste in shirts as well....

> > One of the things that I like about Iron age Celtic society (I am
not
> > a historian, this is the impression I have developed over the
years)
> > is that it was remarkable in that women could be warriors, kings
> > (Queens of course) and leaders, and that the female role was not
> > necessarily seen as a lesser role.
>
> Few actual historians would agree with your impression. Iron age
> Celtic society did not have women warriors - they had a mythic
> archetype of a warrior goddess (as did the Greeks). Queen Mebd,
> Cartimandua, and Boudica - none were described as having actually
ever
> fought in combat. The Romans described the Gaullic women as being
> present at battles, but not as combatants. And so on.

Especially the Roman ones eh? I think I will stick with my romantasised version. We Brits rule, as most civilised folk will concede!

Rob

Long live Sartar the brave!!