Re: Re: Blue Pill Time

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_1cNZPjcTYHuMRoqLBm5P2h6cK9AcQ2s0cIzPzGn_al5bQrgDd36LXSe-f_ttvHpE>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

Michael:

You must be new here, because you just broke our one rule. Well, more of a guideline really. You absolutely must attempt to insult or offend someone in every post. Get with it, you witless fool.

Chris
--- ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com <michaelh_at_qfBy7E1y-k9CglxzI0ULAayFFMuL-6iPE9UtF4QCwDEdEyRnkprECQSRu7WV6WGctBbioJV8dKszdU9g8hc.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>
> > At 06:29 p.m. 19/04/2007, you wrote:
> >
> > > Oh? Do I gather that the list I'm now
boycotting, the
> > > one of Almighty Greg Worship, created so that He
does
> > > not have to mingle on a (spit) common or garden
list,
> > > where the customer and their needs are an
> > > insignificant afterthought compared with the
Artistic
> > > Whim, has exploded again?
> >
> > A minor kerfuffle about Krarsht. I posted
something
> > which two losers tried to shout down.
Particularly
> > stupid was the question about whether Thed,
Vivamort
> > and Bagog were chaotic deities.
>
> As one of the so-called "losers" I think this is
rather unfair. The Thed,
> Vivamort and Bagog crack was sarcasm - sorry if you
didn't notice.

> For those not attending to World of Glorantha the
argument started when
> Peter made a bald statement
> "Krarst isn't chaotic"
>
> I can refer you to the message and line in the yahoo
archive if you'd
> like.
>
> The statement is not taken out of context and was
presented with no
> moderating "in my opinion" or "there is evdience
suggesting perhaps". It
> was simply stated to be so by Peter. Hence he
appeared to be trying to
> stop
> our reading of Krarsht as chaotic. Intransigence on
both sides.

> Now some of us took a little exception to this, it
seeming to be going
> against the published sources.
>
> Peter has since backtracked a little, saying he is
now presenting a "novel
> reading" and how unfair we are to argue against
possible interpretations.
> Hence his quip about "not understanding the
argument" I suppose.

> Given that he started arguing one thing "Krarsht is
not chaotic" and
> is now
> arguing another "Some sources can be read that
Krarsht is not chaotic"
> it's
> no wonder I don't understand the argument. I seem
to have missed the
> class
> on mind reading through email somewhere.... (more
sarcasm, in case you
> didn't pick it up).
>
> I'm happy to concede that some of the sources can be
read as ambiguous
> as to
> Krarsht's chaotic nature. People can read it how
they like. Some can
> take
> it as she is chaotic, some that she is not, some
that it is unknown.

> I know what I think the majority interpretation will
be.

> Oh, and this is, to me, obviously related to one of
the points I was
> trying
> to make in the gag/core debate - we are too careless
about the difference
> bewteen
> "I believe X is this way"
> "I believe it is possible to rad the source as
saying X might be this way"
> Two very different things.
>
> > > In that case, without having any idea what it's
about,
> > > I'm rating Michael at 4:1 for rational argument
and
> > > presenting incontrovertible evidence in the face
of
> > > lunacy, and Peter at 5:1 for telling The
> > > Self-Appointed Almighty some truths that he
> > > desperately needs to know, in language that's
entirely
> > > appropriate for the purpose. Both will be
ignored, of
> > > course.
> >

> > Greg was silent in the entire exchange and Mike
> > failed to recognize what sort of argument he was
> > dealing with.
>
> No surprise as you changed your position at the end
and then claimed
> that was what you had been arguing all along.
>
> Michael
>
> ---------
> Dr. Michael Hitchens
> Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing
> Macquarie University
> michaelh_at_qfBy7E1y-k9CglxzI0ULAayFFMuL-6iPE9UtF4QCwDEdEyRnkprECQSRu7WV6WGctBbioJV8dKszdU9g8hc.yahoo.invalid
>

> You Are All Idiots. Signed, De Immod.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> (Yahoo! ID required)

mailto:ImmoderateGloranthaQuest-fullfeatured_at_yahoogroups.com

ImmoderateGloranthaQuest-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Christopher L. Lemens
Attorney and Counselor at Law

964 Terracotta Drive, Allen, Texas 75013 (469) 877-1061 • ChrisLemens_at_0iufmjEPS5hExx7OsrCx7UrmHtiEDNpkG3hZqgrlICeMgdSnjWfDEtpKfIo3vdGb3xKzCbrvGSDlYno.yahoo.invalid State Bar of Texas Number 00787894

=====Messages from Chris========

1.  If you are exchanging contract drafts with me, please read http://www.geocities.com/chrislemens/redlining.html
2.  If you have a little extra money to donate to a good cause, check out http://www.modestneeds.org/.
3.  I use Plaxo.  Add me to your address book with https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=409693&v0=813637&k0=1031037015.