Re: Who is this Hitchens geezer?

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_7aIWpICYh900NNUPidDXPnJmDNa0dvGuFt3D-6XvrV5mQo9uNeJVVNLe6vkVAwFPWh44>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:39:16 +1000

Ashley Munday wrote:

> I don't think I've been on a list with him before. He
> writes like he smokes a pipe, has a beard and wears
> kipper ties.

Close. Tall, blondie goth. Long time Aussie Gloranthanaphile, writer and con organiser. No beard.

Alas, young Michael is a computer scientist, which explains his unfortunate perchant for 'facts' and 'logic'. Sooo limiting...

Welcome aboard Mikey. We need goths on this list almost as much as we need hippies.

What sort of name is Ashley Munday anyway? You sound like a paisley MI6 tea attendant.

Jimbo

john_at_xQcM07slDOxIX1Ma6uEwUXlHn1jOX8c4ekJEZ7BV75umvvP-dWhPdMVcv8qz4F7zTT9CEmMMLHwey30.yahoo.invalid                John Hughes
Mythologic: http://mythologic.info

"There was a muddy centre before we breathed.  There was a myth before the myth began,  Venerable and articulate and complete.

 From this the poem springs: that we live in  a place That is not our own and, much more,  not ourselves, And hard it is in spite of  blazoned days."

Wallace Stevens. "Notes Towards A Supreme Fiction"