Re: Blue Pill Time

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_PZF2CXEYWi__zhF4qwSRQiegFBoObXs-x9-G-jFIGjh9UGpXaurMwAN7BFOz7H-YAkzr>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:45:19 +1000

Young Sam gives a demonstration of how England managed to lose both a whole Empire and Eurovision:

>Hughes is Welsh, you sheep-shagging paddy crim. Your great great
grandaddy,apart from being the worst sort of thief (he got caught), told you a bunchof >porkies.BTW, the M16 doesn't exist anymore (M25 now) and never went anywhere near Paisley

  1. it's Norman actually. The First Hughs and FitzHughs in Wales were Frenchies. 'Hughes' came about because Latin writing medieval monks had trouble with Welsh vowels (not the last by a long shot) when writing the very common name 'Hywel'. Ditto the Irish Hughes'. They were originally O hAodha. The nice thing is that Dundalk and Lough is Tain country: I can go all ancestral and mystic-like and quote bits of Chu Chullain whenever I feellike it. One of the Ironies is that my father-in-law is an amateur historian whose field is English Baptists and especially *ahem* Oliver Cromwell, who also has some slight association with Dundalk. Guess what we don't talk about over dinner?
  2. Unfair. No charges were ever laid.
  3. Technically, 'sheep-shagging great great grandson of a paddy crim'
  4. Bee jazus, yerr feckin' gobshite ijit: are ye suggesting that we're not bogtrotters? That we did our family history all arseways? Feck off! Do I look stoopid to you a what?
  5. Thank you. Noted. I will update my Ian Fleming with the same crayon Ash uses to post.

5 a) Of course not, they never deviated much from pinstripe.

5 b) That's what they're telling YOU.

Ohhh, Petey's gone all quiet. Is that a concession of defeat?

Jimbo