Re: Vinga chiseler?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_Sx8PzJui8ajyjGDUmz37Yo6VcydHwXMekfhn1i3xyjHr__fmn-vtHG_NpMA7e>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 16:29:34 -0000

Hi

First off, let me clarify -

I admire Jeff as a Gloranthani and swordsman and legendary freeform writer....

I have been an enormous fan of all of Greg Staffords work, not just Glorantha....

But Jeff continues to defame the goddes we all know and love by proceeding to libelise her and Heortling women in general with cringe worthy statements like,

> Besides, the tiny percentage of Orlanthi women that want to follow
> martial cults have plenty of options: yadda yadda yadda...

Get a pair dude. Do you know that your tone reeks of 'I know how it really is, whatever you say will always be flawed because I hold a contrary view.'

Whilst that may be on some level acceptable from Greg (AKA the self proclaimed final authority on Glorantha, and indeed's its creator) I suggest that most folks find it is not acceptable from you, even though I accept that you have an inside track and work with Greg on a variety of projects. I would even go so far as to suggest that it rankles quite a few of the tribe to boot.

Obviously as you are a Yank (a race filled with its own selfimportance)  so I can at least understand why you are the way you are.

Maybe you could wind your kneck in a bit and enter the time honoured caveat of YGWV and cease and desist from statements like 'Because when I spoke to Greg about it he said....'. These lists are a fan based talking shop and statements like that read, whether you intend it or not, like an attempt to end the debate, slap down noobs, and as a statement of self agrandisement. I don't happen to think any of that is the case, but thats how it reads.

Best regards
Rob