Re: Re: Vinga chiseler?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_82rTv6Pk-RlJisSF27tsnHkFOyLPF49nS4t6MVpdIK6zjY_TW50kHw26bKsTXFdPmOy>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 20:08:08 +1200

At 05:06 a.m. 5/05/2007, you wrote:
>I'm trying to find my part-finished draft wherein I compared Gloranthan
>publishing to English politics under the later Stuarts. (Such as the
>dissolution of the Trading Association parliament, once a loyal voter
>of funds, then prorogued into uselessness; the replacement Friends
>parliament; and the secret subsidies provided by a foreign, hegemonic
>state; the rise and fall of the earl of Steevie; King Francis and the
>Oath of Supremacy; the Fan Publication Act; Sir Jeffrey Richard,
>Attorney General, and King Francis' new cabal of ministers; the
>development of court and country parties; various dissenters, Jacobites
>and nonjurors; Lord Christchurch's virulent campaign of pamphlet
>warfare conducted against his enemies in the cabinet and elsewhere; and
>so on.)

The latest developments:

Yorick the Royal Arborist has announced at a recent meeting of the Royal Society that there was no official record of King Harold being killed at the Battle of Hastings. When the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles were pointed out to him, he tried to impeach the source by claiming that it mentioned an Abbey which did not exist at the time. King Francis, in attendance, went further and said there were no settlements at Hastings before the Norman Invasion, whereupon an Italian Banker politely mentioned that his majesty had approved of a thesis which mentioned the establishment of a Royal Mint there during the reign of Athelstan.

--Peter Metcalfe