Re: Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_9vCTQv0GhlZ_xljchBrM2r2IaIc-kWLJjYadtinx9aaUawD_IMUXhTxMkC-zi2YoQmTD>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 16:56:58 -0500

On 5/5/07, Mark Galeotti <markgaleotti_at_9-91_74uKkUgbwKjISyq6XVJ5A01NO2WSWDKNoVpYyn8M2UHlimpdv8Ziov2SpmaTCkuWFE3vsjPOZH7kw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> > On 5/5/07, Mark Galeotti <markgaleotti_at_...> wrote:
> > [lots of snipped advocacy about the Empire's acceptance of "good bits
> > for women"]
> >
> > This works for the Empire's lapdogs, but it's useless for the freedom
> > fighters who oppose Shepelkirt (a view which has a long history, and
> > likely still a popular following).
>
> Um, but this was a specific response to his question "Out of interest,
> where are the good bits for women in Glorantha? Are there any?"

Fair enough and point taken. My point is that "good bits only if you're a Lunar" seems a bit narrow for a game that doesn't want to exclude parts of its potential audience. I realize that I'm treading on dangerous ground in that the Solar pantheon may (or not) be even more sexist than Storm pantheon, but the Solars are undermined in this by their Lunar conquerors.

Thanks,
Andy