Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_xKI1y7MLdbxO9frRp1dZLahzpBEVMKkZmjAdOPn1EiKWmzxk5UzpHLZLrRlqA>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 19:02:28 -0000

She is plenty important. The members of the cult tend to be (in my stories least ways) far more significant and influential individuals than most. But then I don't think that women who can compete with men must be lesbians. Thats either misygonistic or juvenille. But then I think that Heortlings in general are quite relaxed about sexuality. I just don't happen to think its a religious imperative.

I was speaking to my partner about this issue and she is a non gamer. When I mentioned that this is portrayed by some as a mythical truth she laughed; she said that its just fiction, not myth. Oh it might be written to be 'like a myth' but its fiction and is the product of the author. Thus the author makes it what he wants.

In this case, women warriors must be lesbians, or genital hunters. Chalk one up for the missus. So you come on.

How important she is, well thats a moot point, as she will be coming out of that pool of 15% or so who operate outside of the norm, and like I said I never really liked that change anyway. I liked it when a female warrior wasn't super weird.

All in my opinion of course. :^)

Regards
Rob

PS: Nob cheese