Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A poll

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_Tgz6KpaQL2jeA4ojy82jicFm8O24-8LDDlnb7LWXFXGPcHnUQRNNyOF3UT8Qm>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 10:55:39 -0000

Rob:
> What about my fucking pole though?

I hope you pay him minimum wage.

I'll be honest, I've not really followed the discussion that closely. And those bits I have followed (or read when it kicked off), I've forgotten (not necessarily through any lack of merit on the participants' parts, dear reader). And Jeff seems to be very surreptitiously picking who he replies to, which works in his favour. And, furthermore, by a process of relative equanimity of voice, and not pushing the issue to the extent that some (perhaps) think he is... I'm becoming less and less clear what the furore/argument actually is.

Oh, there are a few provocative bits thrown in for fun, sure. But when the argument becomes less about Vingans than women in the US military (see, I blame Chris for all momentous moments in theads), it's probably time to tuck it up for bed.

So, yep, of course I'll vote in a poll! Impeach Jeff!

Not that I have reason to like Jeff, of course. I was shocked to learn that My Big Fire-Spurting Phallic Mountain doesn't count as one of the major locations in his freeform. Hopefully it's a minor location, preferably with a real drop and/or fire to throw people into. And maybe a deck-chair. Can I have music?

Actually, if you're interested in feminist role models in Glorantha, you don't really have to go much further than Telerio. I can't think of a feminist heroquester that can match her. Bloody hell that lass had issues... er, I mean an agenda (most of it retroactive due to Gregging Glorantha right from under Chuck's cult write-up. But hey, I find it funny).

As regards noble Robert's postscript... thanks... you've just put me off my lunch. :o)

Stu.