Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_qud49j1_8TfjW4YMKX2ZBieFnXy7wubzowgpecyVe4v-pFhC-tG1Gq2ZeGD-e3z7-fjE>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 12:31:21 -0000

> That's a side effect of knowing you. All the women soldier I ever
knew were pretty much normal white trash, a fairly combative group to begin with. (By the way, "white trash" is no tear-down. That's the cultural group I belong to.)

Most women soldiers I know were pretty much rural conservatives from eastern Washington, Idaho, Oklahoma, Colorado and Virginia (and include at least one of my relatives). However, the vast majority of women soldiers I have met have never been in a firefight (an even lower percentage than male soldiers - most of whom never fire their firearms at the enemy). Those who have been in firefights have been seriously weird.

> Besides, from an Orlanthi point of view, Vingans ARE seriously weird
-- entirely without the whole lesbian thing. These are grown women who are tomboys. They give up the Ernaldan life of influence, presige, and family in order to hang out with the most immature of grown men. This is a minority of a minority of women. So, why do they need to be lesbians to be different?

As I said, lesbians, virgins or seriously careful, Vingans are going to have lots of difficulties having "normal" relations with men. As I have said over and over again, pregnancy most likely ends one's career as one of the chieftain's permanently on-call violent thugs (and likely ends your participation in the Vingan cult), unless things are handled extremely carefully.

And handling things extremely carefully is an Ernaldan trait - not an Orlanthi one.

Jeff