Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_8k10-hXIskqk-zeEMuhEGmc-WgtBJlxLcP-yep178duW8F5EbL9db49U7vY5V86XBOYn>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:26:02 -0000

> The problem is, Jeff, is that saying that Ernaldans deserve respect
> because they are a vital part of the society, they make a lot of the
> important decisions, they hold a lot of moral authority, etc is a bit
> like saying people in a modern day RPG should play public servants or
> entrepeneurs.
> ( rather than mostly playing that tiny minority of professions that
> involve lots of violence, as gamers are wont to do).

No, I am saying Ernaldans deserve respect because they have a lot of magical power and they worship one of the primal gods of Glorantha. And if you are playing Heroquest or Pendragon Pass, you no longer are using a rules system that only models violence or success/failure with skills and should be able to create dramatic tension around events other than smashing things.

Jeff