Vedr. Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: sverre larne <sverrelarne_at_IVLaf6wCSNhTwMapyf9hk6cIU61yNroh63eMkpW-KpmnhcCJSTtTlzoR6a_b7d3O>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 21:26:59 +0200 (CEST)

That sounds really BORING. We're not playing SIMS the RPG either, are we?

  SGL. Jeff Richard <richaje_at_C2bBpmr4X5GAXN1MPyZbAVbMfyK2WZx8aywEGQ1KAfru2ymjq6xjvF5bZxDWftdbq2H4h0vPAQ.yahoo.invalid> skrev:

          > The problem is, Jeff, is that saying that Ernaldans deserve respect
> because they are a vital part of the society, they make a lot of the
> important decisions, they hold a lot of moral authority, etc is a bit
> like saying people in a modern day RPG should play public servants or
> entrepeneurs.
> ( rather than mostly playing that tiny minority of professions that
> involve lots of violence, as gamers are wont to do).

No, I am saying Ernaldans deserve respect because they have a lot of magical power and they worship one of the primal gods of Glorantha. And if you are playing Heroquest or Pendragon Pass, you no longer are using a rules system that only models violence or success/failure with skills and should be able to create dramatic tension around events other than smashing things.

Jeff

GBC's Portal to Glorantha - http://www.runequest-glorantha.com   GBC's RuneQuest Links & Glorantha Links - http://www.runequest.info