Re: AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Neil Robinson <OrlanthiFool_at_5sILd-il5kWQ8AxvtDdFbRMxlq_3Qy_gVdP54BqbdKSIulq0py8E2Pxqef2oNSI>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:41:07 -0700

Bah! I don't think you can compare importance directly it this way. I think the Pam was in fewer than 10% of the sessions and David may have missed three session in the entire campaign. Of course it is going to focus more around Brenna, The Varmandi game had a much more active Ernalda lead, but the characters didn't travel as much either.

I do agree that the main story arcs are very male-oriented (as was our game), and better suited for everyone being an Orlanth initiate for that matter. Why do people always want to play the 'freaks' of the world? I guess the regular roles are too boring and not 'unique' enough.

It's no contest, really. The few Ernalda moments were ones that Jeff bravely inserted by departing wholesale from the _Sartar Rising_ storyline. The rest is practically all warfare and Orlanthi magic. For the vast majority of the story, traditional female characters who appear at all are just setting details, sort of like the Africans in _Out of Africa_ or the Egyptians in _The English Patient_.

By the way: To evaluate the screen time of a hypothetical Vingan in Jeff's campaign log, you can just search for the word "Brenna". That's the name of a woman warrior PC who was not a Vingan, but who dallied with men and eventually (gasp) got pregnant. Let's hope that her cult of Redalda doesn't pick up some nasty social handicap the next time it gets a rewrite.

Redalda has one already. I'm pretty sure that horseloving could be considered a social faux pax in most places except Enumclaw<http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002382718_horse15m.html> .

"All the best freaks are here.."