Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_YdUgLIuiOyZG7JeUZnrQaQclmtAdV9mGqSCOMG--1h1HJoSnvN-Jnj0d01bBWoPvK7iY>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 07:34:35 -0000

> So..... famous Ernaldan non-warriors from Gloranthan history?

I don't have my History of the Heortling Peoples in front of me, but off the top of my head Erilindia of Durleel was pretty remarkable. She created her own empire in Saird, took on the Dara Happan Empire and the High Council of Genertela, forced Lokamayadon to submit to her terms for marriage, and was probably behind the death of Rastalulf Vanak Spear in the Immolation.

> But its not some blindness in peoples appreciation of
> Glorantha that makes people not want to concentrate play on a goddess
> who focusses on domesticity, common sense, stable and prosperous
> domestic life, the status quo, and the wonders of wifehood and
> motherhood. Rather, it might just possibly be the same reason why
> there are more movies about shooting people than about raising
> children and having a happy and prosperous home life.

For a different take on being an Ernaldan leader, think Michael Corleone from the Godfather. Cold, rational, ruthless, without mercy and never gets his own hands bloody (except once).

Jeff