Vedr. Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_xQwvY2dNWoljPpziB4vFH8uXkECJKgBGuO_BgCBGDTdQjn_ZZL_xQ1Wx7U3n>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 16:47:38 -0000

> In PDP, David and I made
> Barntar the default cult of Orlanth for men.

I'm with you guys. Mythically, it makes more sense to have Barntar as the default subcult for "ordinary" Orlanthi men -- he's Orlanth's first son with Ernalda, after all, even according to TR and ST. To me, Barntar's magic looks more entertaining for gameplay than that of Durev, the default Orlanth Allfather cult. And I will admit, I just like the character portrayed in the myths -- an appealing "everyman".

The only mythic argument I can see for shunting Barntar off to the side might be that he was kiled by Vadrus in the first kinstrife. Which makes me wonder -- how did the authors of TR and ST decide to lump Barntar in with Kero Fin and Maran Gor? What was the thinking at the time?

Rob