Re: AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_Fzi6z2eZfFUY8ENc29BjJlBnTY1ihR0xnsiwJI0jQzTbKG6SLsuY3CvuM2l03bnLWKW9>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 02:37:36 +1000

Jeff, not longer claiming innocence, but negotiating for a plea bargain and determined to drag as many down with him as he can, engages in diversions once again:

>Rick can publish any Gloranthan submission he wants and does not need
>Greg's approval. If Rick wanted, he could publish a collection of fan
>Vinga stories. Or he could publish a story that proves that Vinga is
>a Pixie.

That would be my Kalyrkala, I hope parts of which have already appeared.. No pixies (yet), but the mention of Smurfette does excite my interest.

So David was your vingan. I guess he was using his own (inspirational) cult concept: this was before ST, yes? Your examples to date have demonstrated a tendency to universalise from single character interpretations, ignoring the difference between interpretation, roleplaying ability, personal interests and cult descriptions. It would be laughable for me to suggest you get out more, but I do suggest running a standard module for multiple teams at a con. Your world will widen. No module survives contact with the enemy.

Cheers

John

john_at_DNFKIezRh7hjB2kEcd9YYHqXW5MmKUssYS4SZoWzPOSWr3aZ_Q1GoAViDU3y_dpEvIBjP9odfpKGdvc.yahoo.invalid                John Hughes
Mythologic: http://mythologic.info

"There was a muddy centre before we breathed.  There was a myth before the myth began,  Venerable and articulate and complete.

 From this the poem springs: that we live in  a place That is not our own and, much more,  not ourselves, And hard it is in spite of  blazoned days."

Wallace Stevens. "Notes Towards A Supreme Fiction"