Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_MYXqtd8vjxbjHHzJKhDZhTjXpG7w0xB814OsRiWLrvbmvO6k2MqxfDKqNlFSR01YD7a>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:14:25 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Jeff Richard wrote:

>>> able to
>>>
>>> So all PCs are Orlanthi?
>>
>> No - where did that one come from?
>
> OK, let me rephrase: if you want female PCs to be able to access
> exactly the same divine combat magic as male PCs - without having to
> accept any more restrictions than their male counterparts - then they
> can be Lunar cultists. Or Humakti.
>
> Does this make sense?

It's amazing how much can turn up when you are away from email for a day or so....

Many other people (such as David, John, some I forget and even Peter) have said things so well that there's no need me rashing them. So, a limited reply.

So to answer that question

Yes
and
No

Yes, in that within itself it is a consistent, logical view of a world. Does it make sense in terms of fairness to people who have worked on things like Storm Tribe? No. Does it make sense in being the only way Glorantha could be constructed? No. Does it make sense in terms of encouraging people to continue taking an interest in Glorantha? No.

And a question you are still avoiding...

Why is Vinga not allowed to get pregnnat but other Thinder Borhters are allowed to do things that distract them from their duty to the warband?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_WevQYJauswjobpCBFJ02OFJ2AcnJ1XGRgx5GL-MihqxhaVzhjJMacnIICtzAxXFC0NH7Zz98WyzR4Sr6TSm_0A.yahoo.invalid