Re: Poor dim little me - custodial duties

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_HIit9lYzTEj4_2mn1PDyTCA2oQr40jGUTZA4sy3bhMkxaLuRMCBuPC3NXAi09>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 07:45:58 -0000

A NEW GODS OF GLORANTHA? GoG came at a particular period in the history of RQ3 (and RQ in general), and I wonder if it would come too late (or still too early) in the publication schedule of HW/HQ. Perhaps not.

HW/HQ has hitherto adopted a localised approach of reference. A question is how much the continuing publication of cults in fair detail in upcoming works -- Martin Hawley's supplements, the West in Jamie's work, Shannon's Aldryami book, Wenelia from Jeff, and there'll be Prax, when Chris stops taking lessons from lesbians -- impinges upon the worth of a general cults book. The supplements above are starting to tick a lot of the empty boxes.

Not that replication has ever stopped us before. Though there are issues of focus and plurality -- gone are the days when you can write one cult for Lodril, with note of slight differences in Caladraland and Pamaltela.

The Lunars are of course as well served as they will ever be, but even in this PDF age the lack of the Orlanthi resources in print is, I think, a slight problem. I would very much like to see the direct gaming material in Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe reprised and reedited  for the HQ audience. I think those of us who have and enjoy the works sometimes take their ownership for granted.

If there is a new GoG-style book, I do hope it follows the example of HeroQuest Voices. That is quite possibly my favourite Gloranthan project, and greatly benefits in its collaborative (there we go) nature, drawing upon the talents of many authors, past and present.

Stu.