Re: AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Jakob Pape <chaomancer_at_7Qz6wmiIpYwOSGzF_Pot6JC0sPOupGPJXCuRE9RBnnI9WryvWlv-yo6vXRKGirLIC>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:11:09 +0100

On 5/11/07, Jeff Richard <richaje_at_PALeeyrihGGwb9Mbt-4LJAcWKJ7_WWtxJNSqouljKog6nEzZXjKluzRfX9MsN3w6-GYFSEQnfOw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> > Usually rendered Beti by Greg (ie KOS pg 211).
>
> His attempt to make "Betty" something vaguely Orlanthi sounding.
>
> > Apart from, for example, the Ballista epithet.
> > This IS an argument for Greg to maintain compatibility with
> > his own writing in the 1990s.
>
> In what way does saying that Leika was a Redaldan who became acclaimed
> tribal king (which I do not think requires Vinga worship - I think
> Orlanth Rex is its own thing and can be worshiped by any acclaimed
> tribal king) contradict anything in KoS?
>
> Jeff

Hang on, I'm confused. I thought only men could worship Orlanth, with Vingans as the exception that lets women have access to his magic. Why would Orlanth Rex be different? Women have Orendana the Queen to follow, after all.

--
Jakob Pape

"Sometimes subtlety comes in the form of large explosions and jammed open
airlock doors."