Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_HdjOHoQDmzhqHcS8DKzLT10q2c3Wp2DlZ_aCft26K7g3koBjOM4YydPs2pWg9>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:45:07 -0000

I thought Dar was clan level, Rex was tribal level?

I think currently the structure of the cult of Orlanth in Thunder Rebels is broken, and doesn't do a very good job of representing some of the stuff that is in the canon. Queen Beti for example. Where on earth does she get her clan management magic from without a bit of a fudge.

I agree that there are 4 basic aspects; warrior/farmer/thunderer/king

I would suggest that each subcult is interchangeable with each of those aspects. I don't like the fact that currently Starkval is in Allfather (rightly) but which hinders his fighting magic.

At least this means that not all the kings of all the tribes worship the same deities. IE, all Orlanth Rex or Dar via Allfather.

None of this has been much of an issue in games I have run so I have not been inclined to change it. In my campaign we had a few Orlanth Adventurous guys (and a Vingan), a LM scholar, a Helering and a Donandari.

Regards
Rob