Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_tQrJzi_HKC3WDaNPBtjiHGdd7KAeUQejxIb6ZaY1Y9hGUPknB2Eejw-3UN5iHWW3ScQugt8t>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:25:25 -0000

> Is it just coincidence that the two most popular community
developed
> cults, Vinga and Sun County era Yelmalio, have both now been the
subject
> of retro-fitting designed to totally knock the sails out of them?

I don't think it's a coincidence, or a conspiracy, but a natural result of the way that Glorantha develops. As more and more people become interested in an area, two things happen - firstly, the community develops more material about the area, and secondly people start to ask Greg more questions about the area and how it relates to other Gloranthan knowledge.

Greg, as we well know, is not averse to ignoring what he has previously written if his "investigations" lead him to new conclusions, so it should come as no surprise that when his attention is drawn to an area he does not feel it necessary to ensure his new "facts" agree with other peoples theories.

So, I think, Greg's new revalations on Vinga come not because he wants to piss of John, or because he wants to "reclaim" her for himself, but because initially he was not particularly interested in Vinga, he knew she must exist, and that was enough. However, Vinga's popularity has resulted in more questions, and more time spent thinking about her, resulting in the current mess...