A New Gods of Glorantha

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_awD5XlbOpBgvQFtDNu7fuUBh_f9JyStGwbfhcM3dHzCqAUT0QBJ_O9AFpzFJAvpNF8h>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 16:48:53 +1200

Playing around with the list of gods necessary. Ye olde Godes of Glorantha had 55 cults of which many were shared among the 13 pantheons.

New list of Pantheons:

Agimori		Aldryami		Bad Gods
Dara Happan		Esrola			Lunar Way
Kralori/Dragons	Malkioni		Maritime
Mostali 		Orlanthi			Pentan
Praxian		Teshnan		Uz

Vithelan.

Although the Esvulari, the Puma People and the Ludoch were given treatment in Heroquest and Heroquest voices, I discarded as being either too small or too exotic. The resulting list covers over 80% of glorantha's known population (with the Vithelans being unknown).

The cults that will be covered will be focused on interesting playable cults or cults that are interesting to encounter.

For theistic pantheons, I've chosen five good gods and one bad god (ie the god that would be worshipped by the criminal element of the society). For significant pantheons (ie the Orlanthi), I've added more gods as commensurate with their status.

A lot of the other cults will be subsumed under the rule of associate cults - pay 10% of your time and resources to obtain either an affinity or a feat. So the intended writeup of a God will look like this:

Orlanth Thunderous

        Brief Blurb

        Entry Requirements: etc.

	Affinities: Storm (feats - blah blah)
		   Wind (feats - blah blah)

	Related Cults

	Orlanth Adventurous

	Orlanth Allfather

	Daylanus: One line blurb.
	Fight Elements (feats: blah blah)

	Hedkorath: One line blurb.
	Thunderstone (feats: blah blah)

	etc.

Churches and Traditions are trickier and remain to be worked out. Despite the mysticism headache, I've decided to include several Sages. The writeups will concentrate on Martial Arts and applications of teachings to the material and magical world. I intend to avoid any mysticism rules in favour of conventional magics.

ALDRYA There's actually two types of Aldrya - the Brown/Green and the Yellow. The Yellow is important for both the Errinoru Jungle and Teshnos as well as being subtly different from the Brown/Greens.

Brown/Green

	Elder Sister
	High King Elf
	Halamalao
	Eron
	Gentre

	Bad God: Mee Vorala

Yellow

	Song of the Grower ("Church")
	Errinoru
	Seyotel
	Nanakao
	Trigora

	Bad God:  Gorakiki?

AGIMORI The differences with the three branches of the Agimori can be collapsed into one. The Kresh will be dealt with in a sidebar to point out what differences they have with others.

	Pamalt
	Balumbasta
	Vangono
	Aleshmara
	Noruma

Bad God: Sikkanos

BAD GODS Generic category for Deities that everybody else hates regardless of whether they are chaotic or not.

	Thed
	Malia
	Primal Chaos
	Pocharngo
	Krarsht

	Really Bad God: Nysalor

DRAGONS Essentially the worship of Dragons. Most of them are Genertelan with only the August Dragon being found in Kralorela. Greg has written a note to the effect that the Red Dragon is worshipped in the East.

	Black Dragon
	Red Dragon
	August Dragon
	The Wyrm Ouroboros
	Sun Dragon

	Bad God: Hydra

FONRIT Split into three subpantheons - the Afadjanni and the Kareshtuans as well as a furtive Blue Pantheon.

Afadjann

	Darleester the Noose
	Orjethulut the Grim
	Hanjethulut the Furious
	Baraku
	Seseine the Desired

	Bad God: Krarsht.

Blue:

	Yran
	Emilla
	Orfeda
	Tolaq
	Jarkaru the Indigo Conquerer

	Bad God: Jraktral

Kareeshtu
	Ompalam
	The Tonds
	Katele Puritans
	Ikadz
	Zoraq

	Bad God: Jotimam (a sea god)

Hsunchen:

I've simply opted for a representative distribution. Rathor and Telmor pretty much suggest themselves, while Sofal is found in both Teshnos and the Maslo. The Tiger people are in the ShanShan Mountains but the Snake People I just made up for Pamaltela. I suppose the Basmoli could be used but we already have the Tiger People.

	Rathor
	Pralor
	Sofal
	Tiger
	Snake

	Bad Dog: Telmor

LUNAR EMPIRE Requires a split between the Dara Happan and the Lunars. I've chosen a third Pantheon, the Pelandan, over the Darjiinian.

Dara Happan

	Antirius
	Lodril
	Buserian
	Lokarnos
	Dendara

	Bad God: Shargash

Lunar

	Irrippi Ontor
	Yanafal Tarnils
	Jakaleel the Witch
	Etyries
	Natha

	Bad God:  White Moon

Pelandan

	Daxdarius
	Jernotia
	Idovanus
	Oria
	Bisos

	Bad God: GanEstoro

KRALORELA I decided to make a distinction between the Imperial/Draconist cults and the other cults. The ignorants get their own pantheon because they are numerous.

Draconic

	Mikaday the Mandarin
	Vayobi the War Dragon
	Thalurzni the Balancer
	Heseroon Marn
	Vashanti the Wanderer

	Bad God: Sekever

Ordinary Religion

	Bodkartu, Goddess of Secrets
	Metsyla, the Enlightened One
	Hua Lowchow (NiangMao derived Martial Arts)
	Cho the Rocketeer
	Alou the Brushman

	Bad God: Hungry Ghosts

Ignorance

	Basko, the Black Sun
	The Wizards of Gore
	The Gang of Four
	Immanent Mastery
	Solar Storm

MALKIONI Ralios

	Stygian Church,
	Arkat the Knight,
	Arkat the Peacemaker,
	Arkat Chaosbane,
	Arkat the Martyr

	Bad Order:  Boristi

Loskalm

	Hrestoli	Church,
	Hrestol,
	Talor,
	Xemela,
	Siglat

	Bad Order: Perfecti

Seshnela

	Rokari Church,
	Gerlant,
	Rokar,
	Onokos,
	Student Body.

	Bad Order: Vivamort

Miscellaneous Churches

	Church of Jonatela,
	Church of Carmania,
	Umathelan Churches,
	Aeolian Church,
	Slontos Church.

	Bad Church:  Ramalian Church

Independent Sorcery

	Zzaburi Philosophy,
	Barmalan,
	Orgethite,
	Furlandan
	Zendamalthan

	Bad Philosophy: Vadeli

MARITIME: I've opted for sailor's religions as they are easier for surfacers to interact with than merfolk.

	Dormal
	Kogag
	Thruhin Dal
	Tsankth
	Waertag

	Bad God: Wachaza

MOSTALI

	Iron
	Quicksilver
	Silver
	Tin
	Gold

	Bad Metal: Dwarf Heretics

ORLANTHI Storm Tribe

	Orlanth Adventurous
	Orlanth Thunderous
	Humakt
	Brastalos
	Kolat

	Bad God: Valind

Earth Tribe

	Ernalda the Healer
	Maran
	Ty Kora Tek
	Asrelia
	Earth Witch

	Bad God:  Tekakos.

Lightbringers

	Lhankor Mhy
	Issaries
	Elmal
	Rigsdal
	Heler

	Bad God: Eurmal

PENT: I've avoided doing two subpantheons for the Pentans because the Storm Pentans are more like a cult. Likewise I've avoided copying of the Grazers since the Pure Horse tribe are known for being fanatics.

	Hyalor
	North War Wind
	Pole Star
	[Red-Hair]
	Hippoi

	Bad God: Jolaty

PRAXIAN

	Waha
	Eiritha
	Storm Bull
	Daka Fal
	Horned Man

	Bad God: Wild Hunter

TESHNOS

	Zitro Argon
	Tolat
	Somash
	Solf
	Furalor

	Bad God: Atyar (the black flame)

UZ:

Core Darkness

	Kyger Litor
	Gorakiki
	Zorak Zoran
	Subere
	Zong

	Bad God: Gadblad

Surface Darkness

	Argan Argar
	Arkat Troll
	Annilla
	Dark Eater
	Moorgarki

VITHELA I'm uncertain whether to include Vormain but it will probably be the Hinter Isles culture rather than the root Vormaino culture. The antigods will be the acceptable antigods rather than the real bad ones.

Sages

	Darja Danad
	Kamboli
	Sivoli
	Bekesh Manard
	Ho Adara

	Bad God:  Bodastu

Gods

	Hensarava
	Karki
	Mairnali
	Hobimarong
	Lumavoxoran

	Bad God: Rakuti

Antigods

	Martalak
	Festanur
	Ombardaru
	Oren Parond
	Dogsalu

	Bad God: Herespur.

Vormain

	Telask
	Valzain
	Henshie
	Octamo
	Kumanti Lun (Enrono-derived Martial Arts)

	Bad God: Zaktirra

--Peter Metcalfe