Gods of the Hero Wars

From: Jimbruce <john.hughes_at_4oIJMfPNoacXLUATneRUraR8Hy3hLCvKzNcKvcm_dEKRjhpLHI1v70eLoERQhb_X>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 06:35:50 -0000

Great start.

Thoughts...

  1. Need Title.
  2. Hasn't Jeff K. done much of this type of work with the Mongoose cults stuff? I haven't seen the books, but imagine he'd be great to involve.
  3. I've been inspired to work as well. Characteristically, in a completely different direction to Peter. Several years ago, I began work on my own roleplaying world, Ontolosna, which was intended as a foil to Glorantha, taking myth seriously but inverting the Greg's universalist approach to take full account of how humans create and manipulate myth and religion for their own purposes. I'm interested in drawing up some guidelines for using this approach in Glorantha. Briefly you take existing cultures and cults, but assert that a) the gods are human inventions, b) cults serve to focus the sources of particular powers c)people create myths for their own ends, and d) cults rise, fall and change over time. You then unleash your players to confront myth mechanics and celestialisation, to engage in it. There is a lot more freedom and flexibility in this approach. I also need a title, 'Mythbusters?', 'Glorantha Unchained', whatever, but for now its simply 'G2'.