Re: Eurovision

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_EylYz9LwfvHy9ZgyD7lPSugxSz5VcQ3QbhLGDATGJdDlElnK05Ql8-MrZqMfZLZz>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 10:20:29 +0100

On 13 May 2007, at 00:01, Stewart Stansfield wrote:

> So, did anybody watch it?

I went to a Eurovision party. You all put a quid in and draw a country out of a hat, the winner takes it all. I was Turkey, not so bad at number 5. But Serbia wining, it was truly awful. This year you could get subtitles for the songs, that was great except if you read the words:-) Russia excelled with lots sexual innuendo. Super lyrics:

Ukraine should have won for the best camp outfits and a guy(?) with a silver star on his head.

I liked Bulgaria. A traditional bulgarian singing style (cow calling) brought up to date for a modern audience:-)

Watch all the videos here, avoiding the UK entry as it was really bollocks compared with most of the others that were just awful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovision/2007/contestants/

Pictures for those not able to cope with moving pictures:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6650523.stm

Roll on next years contest and another chance to drink lots of whisky and cringe at fuckwits on stage (and the chance to win 20 quid).

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433