Re: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Jakob Pape <chaomancer_at_GWXQfm1-7wtfDCGBvub9TV-k4og_NFJ7oCmBEdLUEu-8G6QvguNAF1YeqpcoypvqM>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:05:46 +0100

On 5/16/07, Jeff Richard <richaje_at_ysDHv4v7JLSO1Unc3BYU0gJAdd5I_81eQ7Gg5saApoL-SHSpiu4TgXJ-CMSm5pdJdVkRcAHyXkW9.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> And Greg and I do not believe that women need to worship Vinga to
> worship Orlanth Rex (I just talked to him about that on Sunday). To
> the extent the rules in Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe suggest
> otherwise, the rules are misleading.

Oh, and on that point - Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe don't suggest that. They explicitly state it. "Women never progress beyond communal worship [of Orlanth]" TR, p. 218. "Entry Requirements: Must be a man." TR p.219. That's not a suggestion, and if it's wrong it's not misleading. It's just wrong.

--
Jakob Pape

"Sometimes subtlety comes in the form of large explosions and jammed open
airlock doors."