Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_iREJFu5nir5G_A9Uwi7uXoGwYd6kJwf-6l62063R7fmSQFxSANKg8l1HxHpLG>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:00:09 -0000

Rob:
> Or, in gardening
> parlance, do you lovingly tend exisitng plants, maybe a light prune
> here or there, whilst adding interesting and colourful new plants.

At least if I ever change anything, I get to use the verb Stewed. Which is quite apposite, really. Though the cook likes to think he'll combine existing staples with the odd new touch to produce a new dish that is slowly infused with the collective goodness, it really ends up as a wet, bland and flavourless hodgepodge. Good with alchohol, though.

Stew.

P.S. I lived with a lass who liked to put such things as oven chips and pizzas in the oven when I was oven-cooking a stew, and change (and leave, when she was finished) the settings without warning me. When she wasn't washing her car with a sponge scourer. She had red hair, actually. Bet she were a Vingan.