Re: Got Steve'd?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_QAtFlmex2IFWowlUxILcf4S8LkOCDu6UKcf_Y0oOmoJSmA0HJyeUMj99fIBMEIh1SRTHs>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 23:59:56 -0000

Professor Comarade Mark and Minty have been, frankly, pretty frickin' wonderful as publishers and editing goes. And Issaries was often very good too - the parts that were bad were the endless cycles of Steveinduce  nitpicking revision. I wrote over 2000 words explaining the rather minor "Slayers of Harrek" to Steve to his satisfaction. An article which was less than 1300 words in length. If I had to have done that for Trader Princes, I would not have bothered, and taken up work with Legend of the Five Rings.

Over the years I've written for Mongoose, White Wolf, Atlas, Alderac, 3AM Games, Issaries, YBOT, Moon Design, Arthaus, and a few scientific journals. Every last one of them provides for writer input post-editing and/or peer review - except Mongoose. If I had known what was going to happened to Cults, I probably would have never submitted the proposal in the first place and spared myself the headache.

I understand that, with Roderick in place, things are much better now. I just wish he had been there for me though.

Jeff