Orlanth is a Toilet

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_GwLu31q_xukVykSbqeEtVWQyWq8Quzeo6WEWubHUO6Ki8iK_cOF-5sKoVmdJA5IJcldax>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 17:03:15 -0700

...But not in the way you're probably thinking.

Having little to do while mowing today, it came to me that the worship of Orlanth & Ernalda (thats is, the HW/HQ version with men & women's worship seperate) is really like public restrooms (in the US). we have seperate facilities based on gender, and woe betide the man who walks into the lady's room accidently! Unisex bathrooms are rare (Hmm, Heler?), and only the most desparate emergency will induce a lady to use the men's john (like, 7th inning stretch at a ballbark with 'way too few lady's rooms).

I'm not sure how far this analogy will stretch...

I also had a thought about the "Vinga gets mad if you get pregnant" dilemma - How about, upon entering the seriously tomboy version of Vinga (ie, not the Red lady who's just out for revenge, but the "I wanna be a full-time fighter" ones) you have to take an oath to Vinga not to get pregnant - no mention of *how* you will achieve this goal, but just "I swear I won't get Pregnant". Now, the Vingan is free to satisfy her desires any way she wants, but in the event she *does* get preggers, Vinga gets mad because *the worshipper broke an oath*, not just because she got pregnant.

Anyway, thoughts from mowing.

RR