Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_OdWsVepL0cw5oSg8xfblIDoLyQ37Jl45pf-DqvMno00IgveC_kRpv5ecY8LHRAIW>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:08:21 -0000

> _Storm Tribe_ definitely recommends Heler for people who want to
cross
> gender lines, for whatever purposes.

FWIW, that's an oversimplification -- in fact, gender is simply FAR less important in the Heler cult than elsewhere in Orlanthi culture, despite some write-up appearances to the contrary.

Simply, the ambiguity is attractive to the ambiguous-minded, hence the actual emphasis there ...

> There's no Heler leadership cult
> as such in _Storm Tribe_, of course. (In our Umathela game, the GM
> added one, but it's probably not right for Sartar.)

Hehehe

King Heler --- ooooh, he changed shape from there looooooong ago ;-)

> That doesn't resolve the problem of what to do with all the Vinga
> characters past and present who didn't think they had to drop their
> fertility like a live grenade. The simple expedient: ignore the new
> cult writeup in favor of the _Storm Tribe_ one.

Vinga is a Storm cult not a Death cult --- In Orlanthi culture the Storm is one of the prime sources of fertility, and I can see nothing wrong with the concept of aggressive and stormy female fertility ; I mean just look around, it's all over the place in RW ...