Re: Helerings of Wenelia and Umathela (and pine cone flaming)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_nNhYMc4-UPtpZQwKp7hcXNAWp8vd0kSQtN2rXaF2f6Xra3rfS8qu-rLFUYsGJUHh9nI>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:48:39 +1200

At 10:02 p.m. 4/06/2007, you wrote:
>--- In ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com, "metcalphnz"
><metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > --- In ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com, "parental_unit_2"
> > <parental_unit_2_at_> wrote:
> >
> > > There's no Heler leadership cult
> > > as such in _Storm Tribe_, of course. (In our Umathela game, the GM
> > > added one, but it's probably not right for Sartar.)
> > The myth, it turns out, is better placed in the
> > Trachodon Marsh in Wenelia.

>Roughly from where the early 2nd Age Jrusteli storm people of the
>southern bay immigrated from, before they went on to the Enklosan and
>Vralan fields of eco-warfare along the rivers.

Wrong. The Umathelans have their origins from all over the barbarian belt, not just Wenelia. Something that I wish David Dunham would get a fucking clue about for once instead of just populating Umathela with fucking boring stupid fucking pig fuckers.

>Speaking of which, if you were an aldryami getting an ecological
>benefit from occasional burnings in the forest, wouldn't you be the
>first to enslave humans to do so in a controlled manner to keep the edge?

Which only demonstrates that you don't know what the ecological benefit is or how the Aldryami mentality works. The fire is a catastrophe to be survived through. The best situation for a tree is that there be no fires whatsoever. The eucalyptus model that David keeps fucking going on about is for a hot dry environment. This is better suited to Taluk Mormadak than for Umathela which has cold winters and moderate summers.

In some remote parts of Fonrit near Vralos, there may be stretches of eucalyptus woods. But that's because the Fonritans have a habit of burning down any tree which is remotely elf-infested. And the Sequoias are in Prax.

--Peter Metcalfe