Re: Helerings of Wenelia and Umathela (and pine cone flaming)

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_yNN3mn8NtKAPs292XO_7lUD1VbgwqeTqD8kqlWqdRSR_DHhxzJh_Az_kpCj1hm_l6I_Jx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 02:09:44 -0000

> The EWF was busy aquiring tributary peoples. Selling them makes no
> sense at all.

They might sell ones that were too damned troublesome. I am sure many of the Old Traditionalists would be shipped out as far away as possibe if they were caught and not executed/used for reactor shielding/fed to Bob The Growing Hungry Dragon Thing.

> The OOO might have been happy to sell some. Strangely enough,
Kethaela
> never was mentioned as a center of slave exports, except under enemy
> occupation. Should make a normal person think...

Wenelia, accordding to some, was (and is) a center for such activities. But then, half the Wenelian clansfolk would sell their own grandmothers if they were from a different clan. Fractious bastards, even by Orlanthi standards.

> Binding them into their dragon-awakening scheme was what they did
well
> past the time the Closing hit. Should you think they shipped them
down
> by dragonflights afterwards, YGWV.

Might be too troublesome. Draconic seems to involve unentangling from the world. Emeshing them forcibly might be just the sort of thing that brought down the EWF in its later lack-of-wisdom.

> The Helerings should have brought or kept sheep, true, but Wenelia
> without pigs is about like Orlanth without storm.

Or sheep. We have plenty of sheep too. But what's not to like about a guy named "Boardick?"

The rest? Whatever. Don't care. =)

El Jeffe