AW: Re: Gods... and the elemental progression

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_PADmKs6OIZBMk4efZbhi8G9wLAfUjbq8V1AqvMAuRZbm_lpVj8QVuGsDhkha94aXbdXq1>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 17:34:36 +0200

Stu:

>And in a localised form, like the Three Feathered Rivals
(as far as I'm aware, I was too young for Nomad Gods, and am really clueless on Prax),.

.But I'm perhaps not best keen on a wider notion of an Elemental Progression being suggested as a deeper 'truth'. Simply because (a) in some areas I'm interested in, it goes against trends of myth and just doesn't quite work; and (b) it can seem a simplistic and limiting depiction of what is far more varied, fluid and vibrant: a bit Top Trumps Myth.
.This is exacerbated for me, as I'm a 'small picture' man. I don't really have any great thoughts on the structure of Gloranthan myth, the Otherworlds, &c. as a whole (and to be honest I'm not especially interested). Everyone's own particular mix -- obviously -- can be quite different, as I've discovered on the lists, at Tentacles, and elsewhere.

Ah Stu, but you managed to discover Jaldon Goldentooth summoning the elements and the "progression" of such and involving "deeper truths". Let's not mention fluid and vibrant again, eh. And "small picture" resonates well with me.

The minor wound is healed and left only a small scar. Thanks for the concern and alerting the others who duct-taped me back together and put me in bed.

It seems Stu found me "reflecting" on the amount of alc I'd drunk the last night of Tentacles. A great con - we'll do it again!

Daniel