Re: Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_ONh5jKfdcpW8Q12z52_Vno9nFzzXsQTHnEmHZVHIR3PYrYZGl7yGMlsaruXmzgJT>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:59:31 +1000

Jeff, Gloranthan rep of 'Women who want to be Women' and 'Men who want Women to be Women' ...

 >I am not surprised that five or six of the whingy grognards on
>the Immoderate List don't like it. Which specific five or six people
>make up the whingy grognards (I know, "whinging grognard" is a
>redundancy, but who cares) is sometimes surprising.

Come on, name names. I count a lot more than six. By my reckoning, so far its something like thirty nine AGAINST versus two FOR. If there's a 'Lets make Gloranthan mythmaking less sexist' list I want to be on it.

Post weekend, Phenomenon was a truly wonderous (though wintry) blast of a convention. Gaming styles and the way cons are organised are so very different in different parts of the world: it was great to get back into some Aussie systemless multiforming after a break of six or seven years. Old friends, new friends, a few Glorigeeks and... Michael Hitchens of course. I ran Quest, which had World of Warcraft meets Glorantha bits, Eco Messiah meets Mein Kampf bits, and lots of personal catharsis/psychodrama. I'd forgotten so much. I *remembered* so much. Great con.

Catching up on sleep. Normal vitriol will be resumed as soon as possible.

Jimbo