Re: Re: King = Initiate

From: Jakob Pape <chaomancer_at_v0P7Fp0CkJcKIa_jwfy3kjuDcaPYIFqTZnJGkaeKpibEZ-2ALfEDrAzAVvhyeGBf8>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:17:00 +0100

On 6/17/07, David Scott <sciencefish_at_CYWImloyXRjigH1cclr4abf1JcYN57n6l2no9jPZxqCm_nNhG_bERTLOac3qM92O-k_iUeE08AkSkg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2007, at 11:36, oswaldtrimling wrote:
>
> >> Kings can't be devotees! That's the best part about
> >> all of this. Kings have to be initiates of two gods
> >> at least. That's the rules.
> >
> > So who, precisely, are the devotees of Dar the King? We know there
> > *are* devotees of Dar the King, because he has a Secret, and only
> > devotees can learn Secrets.
>
> yes, but after being named king, surely they can devote.
>
> -----
> David

Strikes me that this might give an advantage to those who worshipped Orlanth before becoming king - they can become Devotees of Orlanth Dar (as it's an Orlanth subcult) where an Elmali, say, would have to choose between Dar and Elmal if they want to devote.

A good thing, as it reinforces the primacy of Orlanth as kingship cult in society, while not preventing others from gaining the kingship - they just can't be as fully committed to it. So it encourages the social roles of the cults slightly, while not excluding PCs from possibilities.

--
Jakob Pape

"Sometimes subtlety comes in the form of large explosions and jammed open
airlock doors."