Re: King = Initiate

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_c3qgQEjZUdgXro7_qFpdaRuVbE0P_5dQKVFT__LU9HzPW0lx9cikcw_E3X3mg>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:52:55 -0000

Hi

> On 6/17/07, David Scott <sciencefish_at_...> wrote:

> > yes, but after being named king, surely they can devote.
> >
> > -----
> > David

There are primarily two opposing schools of thought here. One is that the 60% of the time taken up by cult committments means that the worshipper does not have the time to have a regular day job, and effectively need to be supported by their peers. Not a good idea for clan chieftans. Another school of thought is that if your cult is the 'right' cult for your job, ie farmers worshipping a farming god then your work is an act of worship.

The former is too harsh, the latter would mean that most would be devottee's, which we know is not the case. I really dont know the answer to this one, except that the Gloranthan norm is to mix magic, which may be why so few devote.

Rob