Re: Re: King = Initiate

From: Neil Robinson <OrlanthiFool_at_qwc2ziz8ZhEaOEGtkOF1atpfXmPIqL-8c0fHvKXdNkLyZZKU215A7e-UL6Z9hWh>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:38:26 -0700

I'm not sure most kings would be devotees even if available (Broyan being an exception as I think he is a devotee of Vingkot and uses Vinkotling King rites). And neither would be most chiefs.

Why?

Well a devotee tends to have a god-awful relationship to their god, far higher than their relationship to the clan or tribe. As a result, he (or she, for those VInga folk), would always pick the goals of the deity over the goals of the clan. When these differ (like how many cattle to sacrifice on a holy day versus how many to sell) then they may lose the clan support that they need to keep their position.