Vedr. Re: The Man who would be an initiate.

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_OJ6zV44VXWxMnIhiyn1SG4eyT7fXGetYmODV4wwsPqqhH3hDiqTocKzCJPxXq>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:59:08 -0000

The problem with the current incarnation of Heroquest is that it tries to do Runequest things whilst not having the engine to do it. Runequest is very honest in the kind of system that it is.

I am hoping that Mr Laws has removed as much of the drift as possible from the system, and hard code a limit for augments. Every group I have been involved with has a marked difference for peoples desire to augment, with the handling time of some looking for augments really grates on others.

I hate the difference in experience costs. All it does is bring economics into roleplaying, not balance. All pc's end up being devotee's more or less, or at least concentrated! Heroquest is best when players make decisions for roleplaying considerations. Becoming a devotee is not as satisfying as choosing the optimum combination of armour and weapons! Keep the 'gamey' aspects out of it.

Regards
Rob