Re: Yelmalian Joke

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_T13YhpV7-vxpfeWOT4Fs_uxQ8GLeRxosb--tWktQfBy536LDXNHgpFZRcdP2BRhkxHY>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:13:14 -0000

Another, clean one, this time.

A Yelmalian farmer buys two horses and goes to see his neighbour. "I can't tell those two horses apart," he said, "have you any ideas of what I should do?"

"Why not cut one of the tails off?" said his knowledgable friend and
the yelmalian went off and cut one tail off. He was very happy because he could tell them apart. But, after a few days, the other horse got stuck in a Skullbush and tore his tail off.

The farmer went back to his friend who advised him to cut one of the horse's ears off, so he'd be able to tell them apart. This he did and was again very happy as one horse had two ears and the other, like Storm Bull, only had one and he could tell them apart. However, a few days later, the horse got into a fight with a wild zebra who bit its ear off and the yelmalian went back to his neigbour.

"Why not measure them?" asked his friend, "Maybe one is bigger than
the other."

The Yelmalian went away and measured them and, sure enough, the White one was two hands taller than the Black one .....