Re: Does Boaty really exist?

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_vVcDDq42bptmZgOEKj-SmJuKKLf76jZADMuTS0f2y3-PdD4L4kZk17jENGQJxjqqYVs>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:12:13 -0000

David Boatright, who may or may not exist:

> >The argument fell down somewhat when I pointed out that I'd met
said
> >Mr Boatright a couple of times at conventions aeons ago, but
> >thinking about it, perhaps I didn't.
>
> We have met several times at conventions and you have even mailed
> me stuff.

Indeed we have and I did. So, it wasn't a dream after all, which is a blessing in itself. Unless it was your Secret Identity I met.

> >had a conversation on Monday during our RQ session with someone
> >who shall remain anonymous, but posts to this list, during which I
> >mentioned a certain Mr Boatright. The un-named architect said that
> >he had had a discussion at Convulsions or somewhere similar with a
> >few people that Boaty/Boatright didn't actually exist.
>
> I attended all of the Convulsions, at the last one apparently I
> wrestled John Tynes to the floor, although I have no memory of
this. I
> missed Continuum as I was face down on a beach with an empty bottle
of
> Vodka and an empty bottle of Prosaic.

Sounds good to me. Very literary, an empty bottle of Prosaic.

> >- After all, nobody could be as offensive as Boaty, it's just not
> possible
>

> I am usually only offensive to ass licking fan boys, Greg's latest
lap
> dog and hoarders who get free copies of stuff and then sell it on
later
> at auction or from their website .

Ass licking fan boys? Hang on a minute, that's me isn't it?

Greg's latest lapdog? I don't know who you could mean by that one.

Hoarders who sell copies of stuff they got free? Isn't that the glory of Capitalism? Selling stuff you got free?

> >Does Boaty really exist
>
> No, not in any meaningful way.

Thank God for that, then.

See Ya