Re: Complete run of Tales of the Reaching Moon on eBay

From: jorganos <joe_at_37Da0e5u6U7kMs3CEfHH7uso0hyhsaMC9Xn72zFu1-a1BNq0Hxncybo8JMKyg79HyV4k1H4Q>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:56:57 -0000

Rob Davis replying to Adam:

>> ....and a gaming circle who couldn't be bothered >> with Glorantha, I'm downsizing my Gloranthan library.

> Adam, do us a favour and ask you gaming pals why they couldn't be
> bothered with Glorantha and post their replies here. I'd love to hear
> why. And baby, this be the lis' for dis' my brother!

Can't speak for Adam, but my gaming circle felt drowned by the depth of Gloranthan background - probably due to bad presentation by myself - and demands of the setting which did not quite agree with the gaming style we are used to.

MGWV, but not to the extent "inspired by Glorantha" as the Iliad inspired the Troy flick. If I want to play a Glorantha-inspired alternate fantasy, well, I have made one, with a good amount of background info, and some background familiarity of the players. Getting them to play in that setting is a lot easier. "Less religion" probably sums it up.