Drums, drums, drums...

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_kzRi1LkVgQ2hksMn31j7xyV87iNZ6igorRZW_G0M8Es5mutXnqtwO_-HAvFbv>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:55:56 -0000

The natives of WoG are particularly restless at the moment.

I wish we could ditch all these groups and have a good, old-fashioned fanzine full of letters writ to the editor. Someone of education, wit and discernment (like my good self, or Keith), who could exercise unashamed control, and thus weed out the thick fuckers.

No continuous barrage of cack, whether top-, bottom- or otherwise midrif-posted, but instead considered and literate discourse upon an issue. Where you can develop an argument or position without some muppet butchering it with some interminable paragraph-by-paragraph response that obliterates any notion of development or context.

I'd hope, with the Fan Publication Act now somewhat established, we could return to the good old days of pamphlet warfare. None of this endless, bitty commentary and criticism, or pointless punditry wholly absent of any verve or creativity.

Formulate your ideas, and write something more considered than something that clutters up my inbox. (As I've said before, I don't receive e-mails from Y!G and instead use web retrieval. But that's irrelevant.)

It'd be far more interesting if we had occasional publications of the form--

"A Faire and Impartial Account on the most Effecktual way to render into Statisticks, and otherwise Quantify, a great many Divers and Important Personages of the Hero Warres, in Refutation of a number of False and Libellous points raised by Mr ________, By a Lover of Glorantha and Science."

Some want to open up Glorantha to the masses. Sod that. Bring on the parochially minded, elitist and arrogant.

S.

P.S. Even if you don't do this, please at least adopt long titles, with references to the initials of people you're railing against. It'd redeem it somewhat.