Re: Re: Terror in war

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_01dAMBYPDgdxiHXFUoj8IIrNPFgCDmvpb7PmA-Qw_BExY7z4B2AjkdA98ZLowGVJXXPud>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:25:35 +0100

I had a similar experience in a Legend of the Five Rings game recently, one of the players couldn't cope with her character being ordered to brutally suppress a peasant uprising. She just couldn't put herself in the mindset of a samurai in that respect, the value of human life kept getting in the way. She had a similar problem playing her favourite Gloranthan character, a trollkin. That little weirdo had table manners and felt sorry for small furry creatures, she had a fit when her character's pet mouse was eaten by a Telmori, and not because her character wanted to eat it either. Some people can cope with putting themselves in a cruel and callous mindset, some can't, some simply don't want to. I find it difficult but rewarding. Good luck to you, have fun in whatever you do.

Phil Hibbs.

--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?