Re: Re: Terror in war

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_PkE6IYjoiOdDVYv1kwm3W0ka8NyoQccwse9NtnmDrhMrhDU9iinEU8-zRXaerOTl9h>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:22:02 +1000

On 23/08/07, Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Ub0VoNS_vSr7L0sukBGENtsrysyx7-CG4Gj-GLeg-sXMzcnCriycULBKV2V1EsbDHpK6t_sItRf2Wg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> I've never accused Kallyr of being a child molester. But she is a
> ruthless and obsessed guerilla warleader who fights a brutal and often
> dirty war against the Lunar Empire in order to free her people. And
> "300" was a pretty big hit (not as big as Star Wars, but it made damn
> good money) and in the movie, King Leonidas clearly starts the war
> brutally and illegally by murdering the diplomats that came to Sparta.

He never gave them hospitality, he owed them nothing!

On 23/08/07, Rob <robert_m_davis_at_urW6yWoxpMF2UVptbew8ngakmIrh8_dilQp_VYtP3QsWzPjPOxcUNSAvb6RPkTj5hOONcUXzRHHF98aB4PumtRY2.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Who are your hero's in Glorantha?

I never saw heroes as good guys in Glorantha. They are heroes to their culture, or their empire or their clan; not some of objectively templated hero. Heroes fight each other over differences but the differences are not Good or Evil (although clearly societies describe the Other in these terms; ask a Yelmite and the Storm Rebel and his followers are Evil - ask an Orlanthi and the Bad Emperor and his followers are the Evil ones).

P.S. What happened to all the hurled abuse? I'm almost thinking seriously about this thread now...

--
John Machin