Re: Terror in war

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_rKH3btzLVgeM309l2ZSIn-qMDIjuwiSCOy_p-vmpWzE6EAYBEzmWhhbz97oieKuJpj4R>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:52:10 -0000

> Who are your hero's in Glorantha?

Right now my favorite heroes are probably the Gbaji War triad of Lokamayadon, Harmast and Hendrik - and I am getting increasingly impressed with Narden the Great Woman. And don't forget the wonderfully ambitious Erilindia of Terarir. I'm a big fan of Rastalulf, Renvald and Oravmarth the Weasel. Broyan is great but doomed. Kallyr is resolute but narrow. Tragic Sarotar and his remarkable avenger Dorasor. Brilliant Tarkalor who brings Sartar to its highest point and dies gloriously at the beginning of its end. And of course Argrath, the great Liberator of Glorantha, who is emphatically not the mere politician some have made him out to be.

The Orlanthi heroes all have great virtues and great flaws - they perform great deeds and great wrongs. Often their flaws are simply the results or the enablers of their virtues.

I love Shakespeare, Euripides, Plutarch, Sophocles and the Icelandic Sagas. I find the need to have sinless heroes (or at least heroes whose sins are minor) dull and boring. My Orlanthi heroes are bold, passionate, and capable of both good and ill.

But that's just my taste.

Jeff