Re: Re: Terror in war

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_oYiZ5INVQnOQSQkYHCudi6EsYuQpqXg0jVPEKVKTndZKl8ASDyjEW5LIE9l71rZEFPS1O>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:36:36 +0100

I was going to write something sensible about morality in the case of religious conflict when you "know" that your enemy is evil and is corrupting your people, but given which list this is I decided instead to up the ante by bringing the Bible in, which is always good for a bit of controversy:

Deuteronomy 20 (NIV):
16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you.

Evil or not evil? Vote now!

Phil Hibbs.

--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?