Re: Re: Terror in war

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_r25aE7le9UfFMSxtVRWSNzYRTAXaYLC9r75nS74HljGvcFVUTfpyTu0pa1LJcxmRw_gP>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:51:26 +0800

On 8/23/07, Jeff Richard <richaje_at_2fnjfppPdJGnRaoMOHtj-iOFp7Zi6NI_xqGyHHCQqaw1HGufRmvnxVYk7tE2TmLeHVZt1JXfKBPd.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> > You are missing the point Phil. The difference between Islamic
> > militants and the west is that we stopped killing people on religious
> > grounds after the enlightenment. So the comment about that passage in
> > the Bible is moot I suggest.
>
> But the Gloranthans are not post-Enlightenment Westerners. They are
> much closer to the folk of Deuteronomy than to Voltaire.

And by Rob's definition, post-Enlightenment Westerners aren't post-Enlightenment Westerners either (since they certainly haven't "stopped killing people on religious grounds after the enlightenment"), so moot point all around. Unless, of course, "the Enlightenment" refers to some future event in the Star Trek universe ...