Re: The Exiles List

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_zeHbou5Lbkm2Q3lJ0sHW2bmWPdDpen7X5JmFg3PELSdAKdTJTIejWlXDLfp9U>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:43:05 -0000

Hi John

The Exiles sounds like the place to be. I know of other clans who have migrated north, and although they have not been heard of again, I have recieved news that the lands are free of dragons and a good wholesome life can be found free of the influence of those heretecal thinkers fromt he west! Somewhere we can maintain our pure Orlanthi culture. :^)

The only way to make the lists fun again is to have people observe the social contract inherent to the community. I am relatively new to Glorantha having been a fan for 25 years but only being a player/GM since the HQ rules came out. Gloranthan authors who should know better do a disservice to the wider Glorantha community with their ideas and wind up techniques. I mean if I say something contraversial then all can dismiss it at 'Rob's Rantings.' Other people delight in giving the impression that their 'new' ideas take primacy and that such ideas no doubt will find print, and the devil take what was written before. What is even more unforgiveable is that it is entirely likely that they create the furore merely as a sadistic whim just to piss folk off.

The next time I sit in the referee's chair I will be asking for ideas and advice from like minded people as Jane, Pistol Peter among other undesirables. HOw much poorer my gaming would have been if I had subscribed to the post RQ3 notion that the Volsaxi are indistinguishable from their northern cousins for example.

Regards
Rob