Re: The Exiles List

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_QV3e659ijEsMO5_vLBeF0tLmCvraM_pyyMKqUiVlvBWjk1U6BNMxngQT45EZ0pgUQmL>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:03:35 -0000

Rob:

> The Exiles sounds like the place to be. I know of other clans who
> have migrated north, and although they have not been heard of
again,
> I have recieved news that the lands are free of dragons and a good
> wholesome life can be found free of the influence of those
heretecal
> thinkers fromt he west! Somewhere we can maintain our pure
Orlanthi
> culture. :^)

What happens when everyone migrates en masse like a flock of waddling ducks and starts exactly rhe same arguments in exactly the same way?

World of Glorantha started off with high intentions and quickly became a copy of the Gloranthan Digest at its worst. The same will happen to any Gloranthan list, I think.

> What is even more unforgiveable is that it is
> entirely likely that they create the furore merely as a sadistic
whim
> just to piss folk off.

On this list, that is an entirely appropriate tactic. On others, it's less appropriate, although I know of several occasions where it has been used politically.

> The next time I sit in the referee's chair I will be asking for
ideas
> and advice from like minded people as Jane, Pistol Peter among
other
> undesirables. HOw much poorer my gaming would have been if I had
> subscribed to the post RQ3 notion that the Volsaxi are
> indistinguishable from their northern cousins for example.

Pistol Pete? Who he? Surely not Mr Politeness, Tolerant and Open-to- Ideas?