Re: Terror in war

From: oswaldtrimling <oswaldtrimling_at_Dpp5ovJ0Zn_KQEr2Ye_V95cg47pxeY9ARJVX0vhiAonWmHRP-7e2b6hM0uloi>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:52:46 -0000

Ashley Munday:

> Make your player characters end up in the positions normally occupied
> by Minaryth, Kallyr, Blackmoor, Rockbuster and all the other
> canonerati. Watch them fuck it up or do better in different areas than
> the "scripted protagonists."

In the long run, absolutely. But, unless you're starting out with your characters already powerful and at least moderately influential, you need some sort of a path to get them there. Jeff K's suggestion is a sound way of doing that, I think. But, yes, hopefully, in time they will end up as leaders themselves, and then they can act as they see fit, and hopefully influence others in the process.