Re: Terror in war

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_8CZ3M14CIFfWJLRaMAhENq9AE-guR2gBvMN_JioC7vDJF_40BINEXOVS4WNwlBFZXlsn>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 07:21:47 -0000

> > My source is the Orlmarthingsaga (hopefully in print
> > at the next Tentacles) and the Immolation Song of
> the
> > Jaldonkillers - in short, my own feverish
> imagination.
>
> Wipe that fevered brow! So, this is what happened in
> your campaign? Sounds like a very fraught few years.

Naturally,rebellion and civil war, reemergence of long-lost claims for rule, the death of the Great God and Goddess, that sort of stuff.

> > Kallyr's entire paternal bloodline is destroyed -
> > the House of Sartar.
> > Kallyr's father was a grandson of Prince Jarolar.
> > Either they died
> > before 1602, fighting the Lunars in 1602, or were
> > killed by the Lunars
> > soon after the Fall of Boldhome. But most were
> > killed by the Lunars in 1602 or soon after.
>
> OK, so that is still uncertain. Makes a difference
> how one views Kallyr's coming of age.

Sure, to the extent that is important to your campaign. What is clear is that she was a junior member of the House of Sartar, and fought at the Fall of Boldhome where the House of Sartar was destroyed.

> Just that that was the last time that I remember
> trying to work out a timeline for Kallyr's birth and
> initiation.

Get a copy of OiD. I think it is available in pdf via rpg.net.

> > According to OiD, Kallyr initiates to Vanganth
> > through the Vinga rites
> > in 1602. Next season, she fights in the Battle of
> > Boldhome.
> >
> So, father probably dead by then, or the hunt is on
> for him. Probably a large influence on her going into
> Vinga. Protector and Avenger aspects would both be
> relevant. Mother dead at the same time, widowed,
> anyone know?

Doesn't really matter for the main timeline. And remember, Kallyr is a Vanganth flyer. That is the aspect of Vinga that she is initiated to - the part that flies. Not Protector or Avenger, but Vanganth.

Jeff